Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday 19 April 2012

Pat Summitt Steps Down as University of Tennessee Basketball Coach


Following a record-setting 38-year career as the head coach of the University of Tennessee Lady Volunteers, Pat Summitt resigned from her legendary post yesterday.

The announcement came less than a year after Summitt's diagnosis of early onset dementia-Alzheimer's type.

UT Coach

"I've loved being the head coach at Tennessee for 38 years, but I recognize that the time has come to move into the future and to step into a new role," Summitt said in a statement, adding:

"I want to help ensure the stability of the program going forward. I would like to emphasize that I fully intend to continue working as head coach emeritus, mentoring and teaching life skills to our players, and I will continue my active role as a spokesperson in the fight against Alzheimer's through the Pat Summitt Foundation Fund."

Summitt - who was named Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year in 2011 along with Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski - will take on the job/title of "head coach emeritus," be permitted to sit behind the bench during games and serve as a supervisor to the program she helped build.

Veteran assistant coach Holly Warlick has been promoted to the lead job.

nnamdi asomugha randy moss real housewives of b...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeast Infection Treatment